About Me

Diallo Dixon
I am a Jamaican photographer who captures a wide variety of subjects through his viewfinder. As my roots lie in black & white film work, I tend to lean towards b&w for digital work. My non-commissioned work tend to lean towards fine art or wall art works, however im also available for commissioned work such as weddings, product photography and more. My official portfolio can be viewed at www.diallodixonphotography.com
View my complete profile

Guitar silhouette

  • Wednesday, June 01, 2005
  • Diallo Dixon
  • Experimenting with light...a lamp placed in a corner, hidden by the guitar Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    9 comments:

    Bashmentbasses said...

    Sexy, but I'm partial to guitars. Didn't want to get some strings in?

    bassChocolate said...

    Love this. It's on my desktop.

    Anonymous said...

    Hmph.

    I have this thing for Toni Braxton's song - Spanish Guitar, and this pic had me remembering the words of the song and wishing I wasn't at school.

    Didn't want a little more light though?

    (wish I could give you some comments that were real photographic critiques, stuff that could help.

    Oh well, this will have to do.)

    Geekwif said...

    Hi. Just found your site. I'm no expert but I'm enjoying your photography. I like this one a lot, especially the fact that you just see the shape of the guitar. As you said, a silhouette. Personally - and again, I'm no pro - I think the lighting is about perfect.

    Anonymous said...

    very nice. light, composition, subject.. well placed and executed. maybe a little less glare from the background light source next time. you into music or what..? :)

    Anonymous said...

    well it does say silhouette..xperiment with the lighting to not only get its contour but a shadow of the strings and the hollow part in the middle...simplicity at its best..

    Rae said...

    I agree with geewif. I think the lighting is perfect. I love that all u see is the outline of the guitar. Anything else might be distracting. This is simple and beautiful. I also like the radiation of light from one spot, slowly decreasing outwards - adds great tonal quality. Very nice.

    AnX said...

    like the shot - I stucco wall would have been a great contrast. Smooth silhouette on a rough(er) backdrop. Keep up the good photography man!

    Guitar Jen said...

    I'm a guitarist and I really like the picture. Can I use this as a banner? Please? =)

    Followers