About Me

Diallo Dixon
I am a Jamaican photographer who captures a wide variety of subjects through his viewfinder. As my roots lie in black & white film work, I tend to lean towards b&w for digital work. My non-commissioned work tend to lean towards fine art or wall art works, however im also available for commissioned work such as weddings, product photography and more. My official portfolio can be viewed at www.diallodixonphotography.com
View my complete profile

Facial Expressions fashion show

  • Tuesday, July 19, 2011
  • Diallo Dixon
  • Labels: , ,
  • My friend Kimberley (whose wedding I shot some time ago) is doing a make up course at HEART institute and requested that I cover a fashion show that the students organize. This show is aimed that displaying the students' skills at make up artistry that they have learned throughout the course. Each student has up to 3 models and they have to display 3 different looks. My job was to cover the preparations before the event, the event itself (full body and head shot of each model as they made their way down the runway) and individual headshots afterwards.

    The students were making preparations in three different rooms. For this I used a speedlight on camera  bounced up on the ceiling.










    Different types of make up work was being displayed so it varied from the every day to the not so ordinary:




    The lone male model being prepped:





    For the show itself I decided to use my recently acquired Gary Fong lightsphere. The models, by the way, were for the most part everyday people, so they varied from the very mature:


     ...to the not so mature:















    This for me was the most interesting one:




    This was the first i was using the Gary Fong lightsphere. A fairly significant improvement over using hte bare flash as the light was definitely diffused better. It has one end opened and you have the option of covering it, I left mine open as I actually think the cover creates harsher shadows below the jawline, which I dont like.

    For the head shots I shot into an umbrella triggering a flash wirelessly. For the sake of time I had everyone do pretty much the same pose (with a few varieties). A few of the head shots:








    And the perfect couple:


    0 comments:

    Followers