About Me

Diallo Dixon
I am a Jamaican photographer who captures a wide variety of subjects through his viewfinder. As my roots lie in black & white film work, I tend to lean towards b&w for digital work. My non-commissioned work tend to lean towards fine art or wall art works, however im also available for commissioned work such as weddings, product photography and more. My official portfolio can be viewed at www.diallodixonphotography.com
View my complete profile

Back to the archives

  • Tuesday, May 10, 2011
  • Diallo Dixon
  • Labels: ,
  • Every now and then I go through the archives and look for photos taken long ago I may have overlooked for one reason or another. Maybe a new technique I learned over time may add something special to that photo, or maybe I just see it in a new way that I didnt see it before. Anyway here are a few:

    This is from a photo trip in St Mary:























    This one I took at Lyme Quay. My wife and I are split on this one, I like it, she doesnt. To get a few more opinions I posted it in a few groups on flickr, turns out most ppl dont like it either. This happens from time to time, where I like a photo that most people dont seem to like:























    This is from Hope Gardens maybe 2 years ago. Trying something with lots of contrast and shadow:























    This is also from St Mary, same trip as the first photo I believe. This is my favourite. Its also available for sale at http://dillyseyes.exposuremanager.com/g/black__white























    Also gave the blog a face lift. I may change it again, not completely satisfied. Tell me what you think.


    D

    2 comments:

    Rae said...

    Loving the facelift :D

    The pics are ok too. LOL. Kidding. I love the pics :) My favourite is the first one in this series. I suppose I too find the pebble one too grey, yet my eyes are still drawn to stare at it! LOL. The joys of photography :)

    Diana Chen Thorburn said...

    I like the facelift!

    Followers