About Me

Diallo Dixon
I am a Jamaican photographer who captures a wide variety of subjects through his viewfinder. As my roots lie in black & white film work, I tend to lean towards b&w for digital work. My non-commissioned work tend to lean towards fine art or wall art works, however im also available for commissioned work such as weddings, product photography and more. My official portfolio can be viewed at www.diallodixonphotography.com
View my complete profile

Jamaica Carnival 2011

  • Wednesday, May 04, 2011
  • Diallo Dixon
  • Ah yes, another year, another Carnival Sunday in Kingston. The parade seemed pretty big this year, in comparison to previous years. This time I decided to catch the parade across from JAMPRO (im usually at Devon House). The rain was really coming down whilst on route to my spot, but stopped just in time for the parade. I was kinda disappointed, was hoping to get some shots of the revellers in the rain. They went by kinda fast so didnt really get in a lot of shots. So we moved to Kings House road and met them there again, where they moved a bit slower since there was more crowd.

    One year i'll follow the bands from start to finish. One year. Til then here's a sample of what I got. Enjoy!








































    2 comments:

    Diana Chen Thorburn said...

    Wonderful photos.
    The colours are amazing. Did you saturate them to get them so intense?
    I saw quite a few people in there that I know! Including my 1st photography teacher ;-)

    Diallo Dixon said...

    Yup, enchanced colours in post in all of them. This is the magic that is RAW :)

    Followers