About Me

Diallo Dixon
I am a Jamaican photographer who captures a wide variety of subjects through his viewfinder. As my roots lie in black & white film work, I tend to lean towards b&w for digital work. My non-commissioned work tend to lean towards fine art or wall art works, however im also available for commissioned work such as weddings, product photography and more. My official portfolio can be viewed at www.diallodixonphotography.com
View my complete profile

2011

  • Sunday, February 06, 2011
  • Diallo Dixon
  • Hello folks! It has been quite a while since I posted but quite a bit has happened since then. Firstly, I got married, on the last day of the year no less, December 31 2010. So up til then everything was the preparations for the the big day, the big day, then enjoying the "after-big day". In addition to starting off the year as a married man and enjoying the "honeymoon phase" as they call it, ive been shooting quite a lot as im focused on building a portfolio, so I have quite a bit to share. In addition to this I have 3 photography jobs lined up. One is to do product shots for "Honeykist honey", a product line owned by my wife's colleague; another is product shots of jewelry for IslandGems in Sovereign, which is the same place through which I ordered my wedding ring; the third is a band member's wedding in March. Im also participating in this year's Art Fresh exhibition at the Mutual Gallery, they accepted 3 of my 4 submissions.

    So the year has started off with a bang (hence the title). Im really hoping that the momentum will continue for the rest of the year.

    Dont worry folks my next posts will have photos :)

    2 comments:

    Diana said...

    Wonderful news, all of it.
    I didn't know you shot weddings. You are a brave man!
    Look forward to seeing photos and your portfolio.
    And congrats Mr. Married Man! Best wedding I've ever been to (besides my own ;-)

    Diallo Dixon said...

    Thanks Diana :) And I agree, Weddings can be scary. The secret I think is prepare, prepare, prepare!

    Followers