About Me

Diallo Dixon
I am a Jamaican photographer who captures a wide variety of subjects through his viewfinder. As my roots lie in black & white film work, I tend to lean towards b&w for digital work. My non-commissioned work tend to lean towards fine art or wall art works, however im also available for commissioned work such as weddings, product photography and more. My official portfolio can be viewed at www.diallodixonphotography.com
View my complete profile

Leafscapes

  • Sunday, February 27, 2011
  • Diallo Dixon
  • Labels: , , ,
  • Last day of vacation before I go back to work, wanted to get some shooting in. Started off going to Castleon Gardens, bright sunny day, blue sky, the works. By the time I got there, as I parked, rain. Nah, shouldnt last too long. Hour and a half later, still raining.

    Ok, fine.

    Took my umbrella and decided to try shooting while holding the umbrella. Didnt work out. Got a bit fustrated and decided to go somewhere else. Palisados? Or Hope Gardens? Palisados too far, Hope Gardens it is.

    As I drove in I noticed a lot of leaves on the ground below one of the garden's large trees. Looks promising. Parked and walked over. Snapped this on the way:


    Got to the tree, started snapping away. Just when I was getting into a groove, my phone rang. Outside pipe at home burst, need to go home

    Cho.

    Decided I wasnt going to let this go to waste. I grabbed a couple of the leaves and took them home with me. Got home, dealt with the issue, then shot the leaves at home. This is how I started:


    I usually take the flash off camera but because of laziness/tiredness decided to leave it on camera, just to see what would happen. Since the leaves are flat and I have to bend over them to shoot them, I pointed the flash to the back of the sofa. The light coming from behind the leaves made for some interesting effects.

    This turned out to be one of the more productive photo sessions Ive had in a long while. Below is a few:





    Going for something a bit more abstract:



    This is one of the 3 entries that made it to the Art Fresh exhibition. "Down to Hades"


    You can see a few more at http://dillyseyes.exposuremanager.com/g/leafscape_series

    0 comments:

    Followers